If your loved one suffered a wrongful death, there is a legal way you can claim compensation or remedy that may be rewarded as a result of the cause. A wrongful death is when a person is killed resulting from an act of a third party. Such cases are sometimes delicate to handle, thus the main reason you should look for a lawyer to help you file a case in court.
Just like any other attorney, a wrongful death lawyer represents claims in lawsuits. The lawyer works hand in hand with the beneficiary, family member or spouse of the deceased to bring justice. By hiring a wrongful death lawyer, he or she will do the following on your behalf:
- – Gather sufficient evidence concerning the cause of your loved one’s death and present them in court
- – The lawyer will represent the wrongful death case on your behalf and he will make sure that the case is heard and compensation agreement reached if indeed the death accrued as pre the third party’s act
- – Since this is a delicate case involving a third party, wrongful death attorney will do the follow up and arrange for witnesses to appear in court. this work can only be done by experienced person
Apart from these work being done on your behalf, hiring David Shoop, wrongful death attorney, also come with some benefits. Unlike facing the judge on your own trying to sue the responsible party which can sometimes be a big challenge, the lawyer is experienced to get any document that can help in the case.
Wrongful death claim can be raised by a family member as a beneficiary, spouse, dependent or parents of the deceased. However, this particular individual cannot necessarily handle this case in absence of a specialized lawyer for this case.
Who may be sued for a wrongful death?
- – A company; if the death of your beloved was caused maybe by a chemical at the company where he or she works, or was exposed to any danger which later resulted to his or her death
- – If the deceased died in an accident caused by another driver, then the driver is held responsible for the cause
- – The seller, if your loved one consumed a toxic product like alcohol, food or drinks then the person who sold the product is the third party in this case
- – Government agent, if the agent did not issue any warning concerning the cause of death